We are currently hiring for the position of Community Impact Manager.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details about the position, its requirements and compensation can be found below or by clicking to download HERE.
COMMUNITY IMPACT MANAGER
POSITION TITLE: Community Impact Manager
LOCATION: Jamestown, NY
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
COMPENSATION: Full-time, non-exempt; Salary range $48,000-$54,000 depending on experience. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance; generous retirement and life insurance, vacation and sick time, flexible schedule with part-time remote options.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The United Way of Southern Chautauqua County mobilizes the community to help people improve their lives. UWSCC has an annual campaign of more than $1.3 million. We currently invest in 29 community partners and 42 local programs working around common goals in Academic Success, Self Sufficiency, Ready Workforce, and Health & Independence.
The Community Impact Manager provides administrative oversight for UWSCC’s community impact investments and allocations process. They engage diverse stakeholders and partners to efficiently and effectively address community needs and priorities. This is accomplished by managing complex issues and working to achieve desired results. They are able to gather, interpret, and use relevant data to drive strategy development and facilitate change. The Community Impact Manager is a leader who takes the initiative to address key priorities and drives collective community outcomes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential Function 1: Administration. Provides administration and coordination for community impact investments and allocations process.
- Oversees program funding process in alignment with strategic outcomes
o Establishes timelines for Allocation of funding
o Drafts Request for Proposals for approval by Community Impact Cmte
o Supports community partners in preparation for and submission of applications
o Recruits, trains and supports volunteers from diverse backgrounds and workplaces in making funding decisions
o Prepares Scorecard and Funding Agreement for one-on-one review with community partners
- Administration of EFSP (Emergency Food & Shelter Program)
Essential Function 2: Community Partner Relationship Manager & Volunteer Coordinator
- Works with community partners to develop, implement and evaluate programming
o Provides feedback and support in selection of appropriate measurable goals
o Understands constraints and assists in turning challenges into opportunities
o Coaches and mentors community partners through constructive feedback
o Manages conflict and tensions between collaboration and competition and works constructively to resolve conflict by advancing win-win solutions
o Provides technical assistance and evaluations
o Plans and facilitates quarterly Community Partner Roundtables
- Assesses community need and aspirations by actively engaging with a diverse group of stakeholders
o Is consistently present and visible in the community by actively participating on committees and coalitions
o Works inclusively with individuals, partners and organizations to act on common goals across various demographic and exhibits cultural competence.
|o Coordinates Community Baby Shower each year.
- Supports existing strategic partnerships, tools and initiatives, including ALICE, IDEA Coalition, VITA, and the Capacity Lab.
Essential Function 3: Data analytics and platform management
• Researches, develops, and evaluates progress toward Board established goals and metrics. Is able to describe results and progress to the larger community with authenticity, clarity, and transparency.
• Researches best practices and new developments in nonprofit sector, including evidence-based programming in other communities. Is able to distill complex information and ask insightful and provocative questions.
• Develops knowledge and interfaces with other community data and needs assessments.
- Works collaboratively with Director of Advancement to develop compelling messages and explore donor engagement strategies, including coordinating volunteer opportunities and impact tours. Coordinates Volunteer of the Year program annually.
- Works with Executive Director to support existing initiatives and implement new projects as directed, including special initiatives and grant opportunities.
- Creates a positive image – is enthusiastic, positive, charismatic, and can generate trust of partners.
o Conveys energy and passion
o Demonstrates self-control in difficult situations
o Fosters innovation and change
o Is flexible and willing to step out of the comfort zone
• Equivalent experience or bachelor's degree in social work, human services, business, or other relevant field
• Experience in program management or evaluation, in which collection and analysis of data were key responsibilities.
• Grant writing and reporting experience, as well as knowledge of United Way funded programs and allocations process a plus.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS POSITION
Mission-Focused: able to link donor, volunteer, and advocates’ aspirations to needs, strives to accomplish goals, separates own interests from organizational interests
Relationship-Oriented: understands what motivates individuals and organizations, values diversity and inclusion, effectively communicates, actively listens to and facilitates diverse input and contributions
Collaborator: takes collaborative approach to addressing issues, mobilizes a broad range of resources
Results-Driven: focuses on results and can effectively communicate goals and impact, promotes innovation and is willing to take risks, holds oneself accountable and is self directed
Brand-Steward: acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels (personal, market, society), internalizes the meaning and commitment of United Way and consistently acts according to its values and purpose, is accountable and transparent with all stakeholders
United Way of Southern Chautauqua County is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics., or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.