Did you know?
This year in Chautauqua County:
- 9 babies will die before their first birthday
- 39 babies will test positive for drugs (this is the second highest rate in New York State)
This month in Chautauqua County:
- 44 babies will be born without adequate prenatal care
- 40 babies will not receive any breast milk from their mothers (this is the second lowest breastfeeding rate in New York State)
This week in Chautauqua County:
- 3 babies will be born prematurely
- 2 babies will be born under a healthy weight
Want to help change these local statistics?
Host a community shower!
What does that mean?
Gather your friends or co-workers for a fun event to collect items that will give our community’s newborns the best chance at beating the odds.
The baby showers are intended to raise awareness about the need for essential baby items to educate young mothers on how to keep their babies safe and healthy during pregnancy and throughout their first year of life.
If you choose to host a community baby shower or would like to make a donation, please refer to the baby item wish list below for the items most needed:
Baby Item Wish List
- Swaddlers/Sleep sacks
- Digital Thermometers
- Infant Toothbrushes
- Baby Bath Tubs
- Crib Sheets
- Board Books
- Diapers (size 3-6)
- Baby lotion
- Baby Shampoo
- Umbrella Strollers
- Sippy Cups
- Winter Car Seat Covers
- Pack 'n Play
- High Chairs/ Booster Seats
- Diaper Bags
All of the baby items collected will benefit the following agencies:
The Salvation Army Anew Center, Chautauqua County Maternal and Infant Health Program, Creche, Jamestown Community Learning Council, YWCA’s TEAM Program, and Catholic Charities’ WIC Program.