United Way of Southern Chautauqua County
Position Title: Resource Development and Marketing Coordinator
Reports To: Executive Director
The United Way of Southern Chautauqua County mobilizes the community to help people improve their lives.
Overview of Responsibilities
The Resource Development Coordinator is results driven with a focus on gaining the resources to support United Way’s mission and Strategic Objectives. This occurs through the development and cultivation of strategic relationships with donors, volunteers, and community leaders. They are able to effectively articulate the United Way message in a manner that inspires others to act in service to the organization and the community. The Resource Development Coordinator oversees marketing and event-planning/coordination, as well as creatively seeks new opportunities to generate revenue and other resources to ensure long-term community change.
Core Competencies for this Position
Mission-Focused: able to link donor, volunteer, and advocates’ aspirations to needs, strives to accomplish goals, separates own interests from organizational interests
Relationship-Oriented: understands what motivates individuals and organizations, values diversity and inclusion, effectively communicates, actively listens to and facilitates diverse input and contributions. Maintains confidentiality.
Collaborator: takes collaborative approach to addressing issues, mobilizes a broad range of resources. Must be a team-player.
Results-Driven: focuses on results and can effectively communicate goals and impact, promotes innovation and is willing to take risks, holds oneself accountable and is self-directed
Brand-Steward: acts with integrity and strong ethics to foster trust at all levels (personal, market, society), internalizes the meaning and commitment of United Way and consistently acts according to its values and purpose, is accountable and transparent with all stakeholders
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Assesses donors’ needs and interests and packages United Way’s work into products that effectively generate resources.
- Develops messages and materials to support annual campaign.
- Creates materials such as campaign brochure and annual report utilizing Adobe Creative Suite.
- Actively manages social media pages and website.
- Prepares written communication for traditional and non-traditional media.
- Delivers presentations to a variety of audiences in various settings.
- Identifies new ways to generate revenue.
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to best engage volunteers.
- Demonstrates the ability to proactively identify and qualify individuals and groups to give to and support United Way.
- Identifies potential donors and strategically cultivates relationships.
- Gathers and uses data that supports requests for donations and other types of support.
- Builds relationships across different demographic groups.
- Acquires and retains donors and helps them increase their contributions to United Way.
- Connects areas of interest directly to United Way’s work.
- Recognizes the power of stewardship – thanking donors, informing them about the impact of their gifts, keeping them apprised of progress on the community priorities.
- Stays current and anticipates market trends and technologies that improve knowledge communication and interactions.
- Works with companies and other entities to organize campaigns and campaign presentations in their workplaces.
- Schedules campaign presentations.
- Assists in coordinating an agency speaker.
- Engages people through advocacy and volunteering to support the mission of United Way through multiple events planned throughout the year.
- Communicates with cabinet team volunteers to ensure campaign needs are met.
- Creates a positive image – is enthusiastic, positive, charismatic, and can generate trust of donors.
- Conveys energy and passion
- Demonstrates self-control in difficult situations
- Understands that criticism is part of learning
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in fundraising, sales or marketing preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, experience with website content and social media management preferred
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
This is a full time, hourly non-exempt position. Hours are typically Monday through Friday, 8-4:30 pm, with some occasional weekends or evenings required. Salary compensation is competitive, and offers a very generous benefits package.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 12th to be considered.
United Way of Southern Chautauqua County is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.